UCR Health Family Medicine Center - Palm Springs
The UCR Family Medicine Center provides care to patients and an educational platform for training and research. It is a two-story, 13,000 sq. ft. facility includes 20 exam rooms, a triage room, family counseling room, smart classroom and two procedure rooms. It is located adjacent to Desert Regional Medical Center.
Desert Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1948, Desert Regional Medical Center is a 387-bed tertiary acute care hospital located in Palm Springs and part of the Desert Care Network. The emergency department is the Coachella Valley's only designated trauma center, serving more than 8,000 square miles of southeastern California.
Hospital features include:
- Level II trauma center with 24/7 emergency services.
- An accredited chest pain center with PCI and a variety of cardiovascular services.
- Institute of Clinical Orthopedics and Neurosciences (ICON).
- Advanced stroke treatment including interventional neurology.
- The Comprehensive Cancer Center, including Breast Health Services.
- Robotic surgery including the daVinci Surgical System, Sterotaxis and Mazor Robotics Renaissance System.
- The Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Desert Regional has received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval, its highest level of certification, for our Advanced Primary Stroke Center and Advanced Congestive Heart Failure Program.